Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Update

The month of March has been an interesting one. A lot has been going on. My birthday was on the 5th, and we ended up doing a little karaoke party in celebration of the occasion. I got a friggin' amazing present! Most of my friends know I'm a huge fan of Back to the Future, and every week when I go into the comic store on Wednesday I drool over the Back to the Future miniature Time Machine replica from the 2nd movie (my fave one) but I could never afford it. I honestly didn't think my friends were listening every time I said, "I'm going to get that when I get the money to...someday it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine." Turns out I was uber shocked! My friends had cameras poised awaiting my reaction when I peeked inside the bag and realized what they pooled their money in to buy me. I was so gleeful I couldn't stop hugging my new delorian. It lights up, and makes sounds and everything! Definite conversation piece if the party convo ever died down...which I don't think it ever did. It was a super fun night, and I don't think anyone had a shitty time...if they did I didn't notice cuz I was having too much fun myself.

Well, it's been decided. I'm going to the Wizard World Toronto Comicon on March 26-28th at the Direct Energy Centre. I have a whole table to myself in which I will be displaying my t-shirts, buttons, prints, my comics and portfolio of other things I have done. Not to mention will possibly be doing commissions of my cartoons for a small fee which will either go to me eating food for the day or I may put it towards my site depending on how many people will buy stuff from me I guess. A cool little pic of me and my work as well as a bio of me is being displayed on the Wizard World Site here:
http://www.wizardworld.com/home-toronto.html
and here:
http://www.wizardworld.com/emilyragozzino.html
Needless to say I'm super excited to be going to the event! I hope to see a lot of cool people there!

I think that just about ends my little blog for March...there were many other things that happened in this month too, but whatever, it's not necessarily comic related. On that note, enjoy some of my new comics I've displayed. The plot's been thickening:
http://www.tomboytara.com/comics01.php

No comments: