Friday, November 13, 2009

Nerd Girl Pinups



So I'm becoming a part of Nerd Girl Pinups under the name "Pish Posh" very soon. Just got some really fun photos done by a very cool photographer, Nicole R. It was a fun day for sure, and I'm going to support a Burlesque Show that is going to be held in Toronto which is meant to raise money for the website, hopefully everything goes well there. So I was on the site www.nerdgirlpinups.com and was looking at the other artists that are posted on the site and came across the wonderful art of Victoria Lee Panos who is a local artist residing in TO like myself. I clicked on her deviant art link and saw she did some line art for the upcoming show's flyer. She encouraged others to colour it so that's what I did. I printed off the picture (unfortunately the boots were cut off in the process but in my defense when I began colouring I didn't think it would turn out so well) and coloured it with prisma markers. The results are obviously above, I think it's probably my best work thus far with those markers. I know I have a long way to go to catch up with some amazing colourists as colouring isn't my forte but I sure had fun doing it and like how it turned out.

No comments: