Saturday, May 16, 2009

TCAF

Wow, it's been a few days since I last wrote in here. No I'm not slacking on comics, just haven't had the time to bug my brother to post my newest stuff on my website. I've got quite a few comics that are in dire need of being posted, but alas they will remain in my sketchbook for the time being. I really must learn to post stuff on the website on my own...soon enough. Anyhoo, I attended the TCAF (Toronto Comic Arts Festival) on Sunday May 10th. It was a fabulous day! Lots of amazing art and artists attended the event! It was really a wonderful show, with a mixture of established and not so established Indy artists. I bought a t-shirt from the very nice and extremely talented Michael Cho! I also saw a friend of mine I ended up meeting at The Butler Did It (which is a catering company I work for sporadically and I even did a bimonthly comic 3 times in a row voluntarily in their newsletter) James Turner who has a few cool comics out such as, Nil: A Land Beyond Belief and Rex Libris. It was an amazing day! Many talented artists indeed! Canada definitely has a huge selection of creative minds! I chatted with many cool artists and starred at many of their pieces that looked as though it may have taken hours, weeks or even months to do. After the show the artist friends I hung out with all day became inspired so we all headed toward Curry's art supply store and ended up purchasing art supplies and I got a much needed portfolio that I hope to bring with me to the Fan Expo if we get a table. Anyways, I hope soon enough I will have some more comics posted. Been busy working and makin' money so I can keep affording art supplies to produce the comics, so hopefully those will be seen soon. Workin' on a fun little storyline I hope everyone enjoys! :)

No comments: